Tuesday, April 18, 2006

my top ten mac os apps...

10. Deft

This is CASE tool from the 1980's primarily for database design. It was always Mac OS only. A Canadian company first published it, but sometime in the early 90's Sybase bought the rights and killed it. I don't know why.

9. RPN Calculator

This is a very simple application, but I can't live without it. Once you start using a RPN calculator, the one's with an equal sign just don't make sense.

8. Front Row

I've only been using this for about a month, but already I'm hooked. As a "power user", I love the simplicity.

7. iTunes

I don't love this application so much as I love buying music on line and putting it on my iPod. I do wish they would add a bookmark capability.

6. iCal

Thanks to iCal, I don't miss my appointments any more.

5. GraphicConverter

Been using GraphicConverter forever, because it lets me do everything I need to for digital photo editing. I seldom do anything as complicated as a professional photographer, but I have gone so far as to edit people out of photos.

4. Quicken

Where did all my money go? Quicken can tell me. It does have a serious case of feature bloat, but it is so intuitive for what I need, I'm never going elsewhere.

3. Firefox

Surfing just works.

2. Terminal

I'm somewhat of a UNIX geek, so I love being able to drop into bash and do whatever I want.

1. BBEdit

This is the one application that from the moment I used it, I knew that I could never be without it. I code, therefore I eat... and BBEdit is what I use to code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home